The Seventh UNISEC-Global Meeting
Taking note of the primary objective of the UNISEC-Global, “ to help create a world where space science and technology are available by every country for the benefit of humankind” and being accepted as Permanent Observer Status to UNCOPUOS,
The 7th UNISEC-Global Meeting in December 2019 will aim:
- To follow-up the major results of the previous meeting (held at ISU, Strasbourg France in 2018),
- To clarify the extent to which UNISEC-Global can contribute to The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and discuss possible measures to be taken,
- To introduce the current approaches for space debris mitigation, which has become one of the global issues, and discuss possible contributions,
- To encourage each country to establish a UNISEC-type organization in the country, together with expanding the UNISEC community and its network,
- To discuss broader utilization of nano-satellite through the Mission Idea Contest (MIC), with particular attention to the use of ISS facilities (ESA and JAXA) by the selected MIC applicant teams from around the world including developing countries,
- To respect student initiatives during the student session by giving necessary advices for themes to be discussed.
2. Important Date
6th Mission Idea Contest
- Abstract submission due: August 8, 2019
- Notification: September 9, 2019
- Full Paper submission due: October 10, 2019
- Final presentation: Dec 2, 2019
Other Important dates will be announced soon.
Koshiba Hall, Hongo Campus, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- See Map（Google Map）
- Accommodation near the University of Tokyo
4. Registration & Fees
5. Tentative Program (subject to change)
Nov 30 (Sat) Opening Ceremony, Sponsors/exhibitors presentation, Regional report, Group Discussion
Dec 1 (Sun) Student presentation, Panel discussion on "Gender Equalities in the Space Field"
Dec 2 (Mon) Regional report, 6th Mission Idea Contest, Reception
Dec 3 (Tue) Group Discussion Final Presentation, Optional Tokyo Short Tour and Gala Dinner
November 30-December 3, 2019
Details will be announced soon.
Check whether you are required to obtain visa.
The application form for the invitation letter will be available soon.
8. Official Laungauge
Central Yayoi 2F
2-3-2 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-0032, Japan
Fax: +81-3- 6826-3988